Business Development Associate
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This new position for Lonza Small Molecules is expected bolster our early stage prospecting in new accounts, support deeper prospect and lead qualification and conversion, increase awareness of the Lonza Small Molecule offering in the biotech hubs, conferences and event preparations, with the potential to develop further responsibilities such as management of fast paced stand-alone Micronization business in Quakertown (USA). This position will work closely with Business Development Managers on the West Coast North American Sales team with a focus on the Biotech hubs of Southern California, San Francisco, Seattle, Colorado and Texas (ideally, this individual will be based on the West Coast, USA)
- In depth desk research on potential target customers (with support of market intelligence)
- Prospecting and initial outreach to target customers and consultants
- Following up on marketing generated prospects
- Converting prospects to concrete leads for follow up by Business Development Managers
- Liaising with internal function such as technical sales (proposals) and Commercial Development to ensure full alignment on technologies and value propositions
- Supporting conference preparation and booth duty
- In time/based on experience potential to close and manage micronization deals and accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Chemistry, Biology, etc.)
- Working experience in Technical Sales/Sales, Technical Support, Program Management, Product Management, Research & Development, etc.
- CDMO sales experience a plus
- Small Molecules experience a plus
- This is a home based role. Occasional travel to site for training, sales meetings and conferences is required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.