Clinical Application Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Clinical Application Scientist to be best from our site in Cologne.
As a member of the Lonza –Personalized Medicine Clinical Application Team, you will work in a high-performing, cross-functional team with the goal of developing, transferring and supporting scalable processes for autologous cell therapies using a novel manufacturing system.
You will be responsible for working with various Lonza groups globally, as well as with clinical and research centers within their geographical territory, to assure progress and stability of cell therapy projects. Routine activities will include instrument demonstrations, customer training's, and technical transfer of cellular therapy processes, while providing technical support and assay guidance to Personalized Medicine’s partners and customers.
- Plans and performs demonstrations and training's for the Cocoon® Platform, eventual tech transfer of cell therapy processes, and ongoing support of Personalized Medicine customers/collaborators
- Critically analyzes processes for improvement and scalability. Utilizes expertise in upstream production, harvest, and recovery technologies to establish and optimize new processes for manufacturing
- Compiles and analyzes data, troubleshoots processes, and summarizes results in high-quality reports supported with appropriate laboratory records.
- Independently designs and executes experiments. Interprets results and proposes next steps.
- Delivers results in a timely fashion, communicates effectively, and maintains effective communication with cross-functional teams and collaborators
- Supports a collaborative work environment through the sharing of knowledge and experience within his/her area of responsibility
- Member of advisory committee for continual improvement of service procedures
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the cell therapy field through continued research and training's
- Promotes the Cocoon® Platform to the cellular therapy community through seminars, conference attendance, contribution to publications, etc.
What we need you to have:
- Educated to PhD level ideally, MSc at a minimum level.
- Hands on industry experience within Cell Biology and/or Immunology fields
- Experience working with Capital equipment applications support or suitable alternative.
- Prior experience within Product training/demonstrations so to provide support to new and existing clients.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, any further European languages an advantage.
- Ability to travel 60% of the time.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.