Environmental Monitoring Supervisor
United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Environmental Monitoring Supervisor will act as a lead team member of the Environmental Monitoring department to support Manufacturing operations. Plans and communicates testing to support routine monitoring of the production environment as well as dynamic monitoring of critical operations. Provide on time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing needs. Able to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. The supervisor ensures safety procedures are communicated uniformly to all staff. A Environmental Monitoring Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and providing a safe work environment to the staff in the execution of their work duties. The incumbent is expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while remaining focused on product quality and patient safety.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microbiological techniques
- Good understanding and execution of microbiological and environmental monitoring analysis e.g. bioburden, water sampling and testing
- Provide continuous education and increasing the knowledge in your team
- The Technical expert for EM that comes with improvements and ideas to increase efficiency and quality
- Proficient at routine, non-routine environmental monitoring (EM) of the GMP manufacturing facilities for non-viable particulates, air viable, and surface viable. Includes critical utilities (WFI and Compressed Air).
- Participate, write, and co-lead investigations (safety incidents, deviations, and OOS) to drive to the root cause and perform Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPAs) as appropriate.
- Perform EM risk assessments to support EMPQ activities.
- Proven experience working and managing in GMP manufacturing environment
- Intermediate to Advanced years in a Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)/Professional environment
- Ideally intermediate years of direct supervisory experience
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Use of Laboratory computer systems
- Potential previous use of GMP Quality Systems such as: TrackWise, Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and MODA
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.