United Kingdom, Manchester
Operational Excellence Specialist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an Operational Excellence Specialist to join our team based at our SSC in Manchester, UK. The successful candidate is a result and data driven professional with deep expertise and extensive experience in finance operations (AP) and a strong continuous improvement background. This position will work across businesses and also to a large extent across geographies to drive broad change in systems and processes to improve controllership and internal and external customer experience
- Act as a key member for global and high impact strategic projects driven by the Global Process Owner organization
- Identify and support process re-engineering and continuous improvement initiatives in Accounts Payable processes in the respective Shared Service Center
- Analyse data and identify opportunities, create hypotheses, and once validated manage the change process to ensure they are deployed with minimal disruption
- Leverage existing tools to manage the continuous improvement process efficiently
- Drive culture of continuous improvement through best practice sharing and visible hands-on leadership
- Provide trainings to users in area of expertise
- Develop and provide right metrics to measure process quality and productivity for initiated key initiatives; provide meaningful feedback to key stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across functions ensuring cross collaboration to deliver the best solutions
- Accounting Qualification required
- Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience of defining AP processes.
- End to end process experience.
- Knowledge of smart invoicing and automation would be desired.
- Strong functional expertise and understanding/interest in end-to-end business processes
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Skilled and experienced in dealing with senior business managers
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Hands-on approach, self-starter mentality
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.