Supervisor, Facilities and Engineering (Night Shift)
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in the Engineering group. The Supervisor, Facilities and Engineering will be responsible for performing and/or supervising manual tasks to assure proper operation and maintenance of assigned facility(s) and equipment in accordance with local, state and national building codes. Responsible for coordination and supervision of custodial and facilities maintenance services and activities. On-call management coverage rotation as required and responding to emergency calls. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Ensures schedules and performance requirements are met.
- The planning and scheduling of in-house and contract resources to work assignments to ensure timely and efficient closure of work orders, planned and un-planned; for calibrations, PM and general maintenance activities.
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate assigned personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures; assign tasks, projects and monitor assigned personnel.
- The planning and scheduling of in-house and contract resources to work assignments to ensure timely and efficient closure of work orders, planned and un-planned.
- Responsible for developing criteria, performance specifications, and SOPs for facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate inspection of and monitor building systems to determine cost effective repair or replacement.
- Monitor the work performed by independent contractors and sub-contractors; review and evaluate work products, methods, and procedures.
- Manage the process of building repairs and/or construction work as required.
- Ensure all EHS related documentation and permits are properly initiated and records maintained.
- Must be able to work 12 Hour Shifts Nights and Weekends
- Associates degree preferred or a degree/certification in a technical field and/or engineering. Combinations of education and experience considered.
- Advanced experience in the Pharmaceutical Environment with experience in Facilities Engineering, building maintenance; equipment functionality, ie. HVAC, supply of power, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bio/Pharma Preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.