IT Team Lead - SAP Application Services
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this role you will lead two teams, one for IT development and one for IT integration. You will act as IT delivery manager and business partner. To oversee the implementation of developments (primarily SAP ABAP) and interfaces (primarily SAP PO). In addition, you will enforce standardization, harmonization, documentation and validation of deployed solutions.
- Lead a team of IT developers, one for IT development and one for IT integration (each of which has its own lead reporting to the overall Team Lead). Coach the supervised team members on a regular basis. Responsible for staff related activities such as recruitment, development, replacement, performance qualification and salary review. Monitor and continuously improve the performance of the assigned team members
- Act as delivery manager involving external parties and as business partner for internal stakeholders. Gather IT requirements to understand the business needs. Inform, consult and advise IT solutions. Deal with escalations and manage the expectations
- Coordinate the implementation of new and rollout of existing IT business applications and developments. Responsible as resource manager to staff IT projects. Take accountability as steering group member in IT initiatives. Control knowhow transfer of deployed solutions into the 1st and 2nd level support organization. Ensure and organize availability of resources for 3rd level support out of own team
- Work in strategic IT projects as project manager and/or solution specialist. Identify user requirements, work out concepts and specifications, moderate workshops and coordinate tasks
- Contribute to the definition, documentation, development and training of the IT business application deployment approach and enforce it as part of projects. Collaborate with Enterprise Architect as well as IT QA to ensure compliance of IT business applications with given policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Leadership personality
- Expertise in a specific IT setting such as SAP ECC SAP ABAP, SAP PI/PO and other (cloud) integration technologies
- System configuration and/or customization knowhow
- Excellent understanding of the business processes and concepts being used
- Conceptual thinking
- IT project methodology
- Analytical skills
- Teaching ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Presentation and moderation skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.