United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Senior Human Resource Business Partner to join our talented team! As our Sr. HRBP, you will have the responsibility to drive consistency with human resource practices across the Portsmouth site. This will include implementing and coordinating change initiatives to support organizational effectiveness within the business segment you are aligned with. You will be a strong resource for all of our site team members and a mentor for colleagues on our HR team.
- Represents the Portsmouth site with effective employee relations, recruiting, training system management, organizational development, and community relations.
- Providing business support on a variety of HR related topics to business segments assigned, with key areas of expertise in: facilitation, employee development, performance management, succession planning, assessment and recommendations regarding policies and practices.
- Facilitate implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, processes and programs.
- Lead coaching and counseling activities with line management personnel.
- Coordinating and delivery of management training and education.
- Providing guidance with performance management and salary planning processes.
- Independently manage senior level projects or issues that involve HR.
- Lead activities with employee relation issues and investigations while providing guidance to other team members.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, HR, Organizational Development, or Psychology.
- Significant experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry in an HR role.
- Significant knowledge of HR compliance related issues such as ADA, EEO and Affirmative Action. Including general knowledge of state and local employment laws.
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced oriented role with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills that are accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.