Junior Manufacturing Associate
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The LAL (Limulus Amebocyte Lysate) Manufacturing Associate II will be responsible for participating in upstream and/or downstream aseptic manufacturing of LAL products in a ISO 5 environment according to company and departmental SOPs (standard operating procedure). Performs environmental monitoring and personnel monitoring activities, set-up and operate production equipment in the LAL Filling and Finishing areas.
- Trains other technicians on basic department specific tasks
- Leads implementation of small scale continuous improvement projects (Lean Six Sigma)
- Leads aseptic process manufacturing in a ISO 5 cleanroom (individual based)
- Leads inspection and packaging of finished goods (individual based)
- Operates Filling and Finishing production machinery
- Allocates inventory using SAP / Assist inventory management
- Manages flow of controlled documents/ prepares in-process document files
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring of controlled areas
- Bachelor’s Degree in preferred area of study: Biological Sciences (or like field) OR High School Diploma or equivalent working experience in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) manufacturing environment with aseptic technique in ISO 5 cleanroom
- Knowledge of GMP and aseptic clean room behavior
- Able to pass aseptic gowning qualification
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and SAP
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.