Senior Sales Manager, SEA
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is a newly created role for our Capsule & Health Ingredients (CHI) business and is responsible for sales leadership & management to achieve agreed regional bookings targets, whilst maximizing profitability through optimizing regional coverage. Role is responsible for key account management, market segment focus, and efficient sales pipeline management for Southeast Asia countries such as Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Role will also lead a team of Territory Sales Managers who are responsible for driving revenue and growth targets for CHI products portfolios.
- Work with Country Manager to develop company strategy plan, sales action plan and set clear direction to all sales team member and support functions team member
- Drive regional sales and market segment activities to ensure development of the business area potential, realizing the business area targets and effectively implementing the global marketing strategy and tactics in your region
- Monitor market trends and competitive landscape, establish understanding of marketing share and potential for company’s products, business opportunities and provide feedback to the team on product improvements
- Plan to ensure achievement of divisional and personal target, aligning with company sales policies and strategies
- Manage, develop, coach, control and motivate sales force to develop their skill to ensure that high processional standard is achieved and monthly sales target are met
- Meet with customers to discuss their evolving needs and to assess the quality of our company’s relationship with them
- Ensure adherence to company core values in term of Ethics, Social Governance, Environment, EHS and Regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Science, BA, or Marketing with significant years of direct sales experience
- Sales experience in API, Pharmaceutical, Food ingredient, and Health supplement industries
- A good understanding of GMP, Pharma, API and patent requirements – how to seek future opportunities
- Relevant sales/marketing experience in the SEA market will be helpful
- A proven track record in sales, implementing strategies, understands & able to manage the resources we have in each country
- Core selling skills, including creating customer value, negotiation and closing, consultative selling, and effective sales presentation
- Previous people management experience
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) with ability to articulate key technical concepts, as well as active listening skills
- Customer focused, Results driven and with strong Business acumen
- Highly independent and self-motivated.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.