Cold Chain Logistics Specialist
United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Cold Chain Logistics Specialist role is accountable for the development, management, and alignment of cold chain logistics practices at the Hayward site with industry/regulatory best practices/requirements, customer requirements and Lonza network standards practices while monitoring performance with established and developed KPIs.
- Experience with shipments of cold chain GMP materials to domestic and international locations through standard industry carriers (i.e. FedEx) and specialty shippers (i.e. World Courier, Quick Int’l) for biological materials.
- Understanding of DOT and international customs requirements for shipping documentation (i.e. BO, Commercial invoicing).
- Experience with submitting, documenting and managing shipping insurance claims.
- Experience and expertise to Plan/schedule shipments of biological materials (e.g., DS, Samples), coordinate pickups and deliveries with carriers to both, domestic and international destinations. This includes communication and collaboration between various departments, internal and external partners, management, 3rd party logistics, customers, auditors and regulators
- Evaluates proposed shipping configurations provided by internal and external stakeholders for their ability to deliver critical shipping parameters to achieve critical to quality attributes.
- Creation and maintenance of GMP documentation
- Maintains accurate inventory utilizing SAP for inbound and outbound shipments.
- Experience preparing shipping documentation including export/import documentation, customs and regulatory documents for domestic and international shipments
- Experience with shipment of dangerous/hazardous goods.
- Experience coordinating freight deliveries/pickups with carriers
- Experience with Shipping and Tracking Systems: FedEx Shipping Manager, FedEx Insight, UPS Shipping, UPS Quantum View and DHL
- Experience with shipments of cold chain GMP materials to domestic and international locations
- Experience using an ERP system, handheld scanners to perform inventory adjustments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.