Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Production Coordinator is accountable for determining optimal lot sequencing and shop floor planning to achieve Customer timelines and alignment with operational goals of efficiency and continuous improvement. The Production Coordinator communicates with key stakeholders to understand and adapt to requirements, determines the feasibility and/or impact of changes/disruptions on established production schedules, program timelines and provides achievable alternative schedule scenarios to achieve goals. Cross functionally organizes and assures timely completion of key manufacturing prerequisites (documentation, change controls, room verifications) to enable unit operation/process initiation and completion.
- Establishes realistic timelines to establish expectations for task completion and implements processes/tools to monitor and communicate batch readiness real time.
- Drives batch readiness for the manufacturing process to remove bottlenecks and assure batch delivery on time.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders in MSAT, PM, QC, QA, Engineering, Validation and Supply Chain
- To define and own batch readiness metrics
- Customer facing representative as manufacturing management
- To ensure all processes are executed in accordance with all safety precautions and GMP requirements relevant to the task being performed
- To ensure own GMP training is maintained to the defined training plan
- Schedule and coordinate team resources to maintain agreed production schedules, control bottleneck process performance and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity.
- Intermediate/Advanced years’ experience Biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
- Excellent GMP knowledge
- Advanced level in MS programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated success in process improvement LEAN, 6S, 6 Sigma techniques
- Change management experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent communicator (verbal & written)
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Written and oral presentation. Interaction with manufacturing and development scientists, customers and auditors
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.