United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The HCM Mechanic is responsible for the quality of capsule and the up-time of the Hard Capsule Machines, while meeting Quality standards and customer specifications.
- Perform general troubleshooting and repairing of Hard Capsule Machines (HCM’s) for breakdowns and quality issues
- Examine machine components for wear/damage and replace/rebuild if needed and take self-initiative to maintain equipment to standards
- Respond to trends in quality and machine performance
- Must take self-initiative to learn existing and new equipment and must maintain training compliance
- Perform mechanical duties as directed by Senior Lead and/or Lead Coordinators
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Perform bar changes as directed
- Perform daily PM’s, verifications, and quality checks
- Must maintain cleanliness of HCMs
- Must follow all safety and cGMP guidelines
- Perform mechanical and very basic electrical duties needed to achieve department goals
- Follow work instructions to support/execute PM, PDM and breakdown maintenance
- High School Diploma or GED
- Manufacturing maintenance, mechanical or technical experience
- 2 year technical degree preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner with a positive attitude
- Successful completion of the 3 part mechanical testing
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.