Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Manager
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston’s Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in the Facilities & Engineering group. The Lonza Houston site is undergoing an effort to digitalize the operation by the implementation of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). The MES Manager will lead the roadmap of the MES system at the site, aligning with all relevant stake-holders including Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Commercial Development. As the Site MES lead, also ensures that the MES roadmap is aligned with Lonza’s clients that manufacture products at the Houston’s site.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise for the MES strategy and MES team at the site.
- Ensure Lonza’s clients understand the implementation of the MES system, focusing on the translation of the manufacturing process into the electronic batch recording.
- Advocate for the site and represent the site from an MES perspective with clients.
- Lead and coordinate the recipe modeling activities for the Electronic Batch Record implementation at the site.
- Work as Change Owner for the MES related implementation activities, and is in charge of ensuring the change management is properly executed and a training concept is established and executed for the site.
- Be the single point of contact for the site organization and clients for MES activities
- Establish the site’s MES roadmap in alignment with internal functions.
- Establish and execute a training concept for the MES implementation.
- Identify risks, escalate them to engineering and site leadership, and to respective global organizations proposing/implementing mitigating actions.
- Bachelor degree required in a technical field and/or engineering. Combinations of education and experience considered.
- Highly Experienced in MES Systems
- Highly Experienced in cGMP
- Challenges the status quo and looks for opportunities to make improvements in the area of the business and beyond and embraces new initiatives and drives successful implementation in their area
- Provides feedback to his/her managers on the content of the strategy and its implementation
- Works in partnership as an active member of his/her team and cross-functional working groups
- Manages internal and external customer relations professionally and effectively
- Highly experienced in the Pharmaceutical Environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.