Associate Director, Commercial Development, Autologous Cell Therapy
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Responsible for ensuring the right offers, operational models, positioning and targeting activities ensure autologous cell therapy asset utilization and profitability.
- Assess and refine strategy for Lonza’s autologous Cell Therapy business; immediate focus is on defining and expanding Lonza’s offerings
- Work closely with Marketing Communications to develop, implement, and update Marketing Communication Strategy.
- Develop and maintain a Marketing Plan with a strong focus on positioning and differentiating Lonza’s current and future offering.
- Responsible for autologous Cell Therapy pipeline: Work with sales assessing leads and assure alignment with business strategy and optimization of portfolio from a revenue and margin perspective.
- Define and present Lonza’s capabilities and value proposition.
- Work with the Business Unit Planner, Head of Project Management and Proposal Management to perform demand planning and asset allocation of projects
- Develop training plans and provide training to new and existing sales representatives.
- Work with Head of Commercial and Business Development to set guidance for business models and agreement terms and conditions.
- Together with RD and Strategic Marketing define autologous innovation portfolio; drive innovation from ideation to launch of new service offerings including definition of technology roadmap, justification of projects, and developing launch plans.
- Represent the business at trade shows and conferences; work closely with sales and marketing communications to deliver Lonza’s Cell and Gene Therapy vision, mission and value proposition.
- Support business cases and CAPEX justifications for capacity expansion, facility build-outs and acquisitions.
- Advanced degree in life sciences and several years of relevant industry experience in the Cell and Gene therapy field. Advanced Business Degree (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Several years of commercial experience (Business Development, Marketing, Sales) is mandatory; within Contracted Manufacturing Organization/Contracted Development Manufacturing Organization (CMO/CDMO) preferred.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing business strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in structuring deals and negotiating agreements.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver commercial and technical presentations to an international audience of industry experts.
- Highly motivated and ability to take a proactive approach on the job.
- Good communication and relationship building skills; ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and gain the buy-in of others.
- Experience with developing and delivering presentations to management and clients.
- A solid understanding of business and financial fundamentals is a requirement.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, presentation, time management, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and provide creative solutions to identified challenges.
- Demonstrated strong negotiations skills.
- Demonstrated strong team player.
- Demonstrated self-starter and excited by the potential of Cell and Gene Therapy.
- Customer and solution oriented.
- Strategic thinker.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.