Senior Technical Microbiology Expert
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Technical Microbiology Expert or Plant Microbiologist (PM) will lead and oversee all aspects of the bioburden control program including preventative actions for contamination control, setup of environmental monitoring programs, good cleanroom practices, lead contamination investigations and will be the Subject Matter Expert for the site for regulatory inspection interactions, as related to microbial/contamination control.
The role will also be responsible for the key stakeholder management at site and globally to ensure the Microbiology Contamination Control Strategy is well implemented.
- Accountable for the compliant, effective and modern contamination control strategy for both up and down stream manufacturing.
- Frequently performs global review and alignment on best practice toward vision zero objective. It also includes rolling out global projects to Singapore site.
- Manages standard Risk Assessment (RA) to identify, improve and control mechanisms across the site assets to ensure uniformity with the ability to articulate technical aspects of completed RA to the Global Network.
- Drafts and leads the implementation of the Microbial Contamination Control Strategy document for the Singapore site with a close interaction and coordination with counterparts at site and globally across functions
- Facilitates risk assessments and root cause analysis of investigations due to contaminations or trends.
- Tracks and identifies low-level trend data as a tool to predict leading and lagging risk factors to potential contamination events in downstream processes.
- Aids in the ongoing development and delivery of aseptic awareness training for all manufacturing assets in Singapore.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert for microbial contamination control during internal, customer or regulatory audits. Facing customer when needed for low level trends and or contamination events.
- Establish clear lines of communication between assets to ensure events and lessons learned are shared on a local and global platform.
- Sustained development of site capabilities to drive proactive microbial control through on the floor coaching, observation and teaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology, Engineering or other related studies
- Significant experience in Microbiology control and contamination prevention events
- Experience in Aseptic/Sterile processes will be preferred
- Must have a good understanding of cleanroom requirements in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong command of risk assessment skill with the ability to determine and take preventive actions
- Good communication and leadership skill. Ability to coordinate key stakeholders in site and globally
- Excellent project management experience, experience in driving projects in complex manner
- A team player, with the ability to manage cross functional teams.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.