Operator, HCM QMA Relief
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The HCM QMA Relief Operator is responsible for the operation of hard capsule machines that produce the capsules for Lonza Greenwood.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities of an Operator Support Associate (OSA), Borsor Operator, and Quality Management Associate (QMA)—including Vcaps Plus and Press-Fit
- Borsor operator is responsible for the operation and preparation of cartons at the Borsor, iBox, ILD, and Unisor. Work Instructions are followed along with special instructions listed on the Lonza Manufacturing Order (CMO) in each booth. Samples are collected at set frequencies
- QMA is responsible for the operation of the HCM while also performing quality checks and dispositioning product based on sample results. Troubleshooting basic items on the HCM is also required
- OSA is responsible for changing GFTs at the HCM, maintaining general housekeeping in production areas, and removing scrap from the HCM.
- High School Diploma
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Lift, push, pull, objects up to 50 lbs
- Basic computer skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.