Global Program Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this pivotal and business critical role, you will contribute significantly to the future of the organization. As a seasoned, senior leader you will work across the entire operations organization to initiate and implement various Group-wide mission critical initiatives - This involves working with senior leaders from across Lonza, including R&D, Ops, BU and Division leaders and the COO, to define, resource and drive global key strategic programs (multidisciplinary/high complexity) in alignment with Group Strategy and Lonza’s strategic priorities.
You will be responsible for conceptualization, implementation and follow up on mission-critical/global key strategic programs: examples of such transformational initiatives are in the space of process manufacturing technology development and implementation; automation; supply chain and digital transformation.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed organization at all levels of the organization and across the entire Operations network (>35 sites globally)
- Work with the key stakeholder and colleagues to set the agenda for the specific program, based on corporate priorities and business needs
- Lead the program initiation phase to define scope, resource and investment needs, timelines, deliverables and KPIs to measure implementation and ensure sustainability business outcomes
- Establish a lean and clear governance structure for the management of global Programs from the kick-off through full functional/site implementation; this may include internal/external benchmark studies, pilot projects, site/function-communication, roll-out planning, change-management support, etc
- Lead workshops, internal business events to review the status and quality of implementation, shares lessons learned, accelerates deliverables, creates awareness and strengthens bonds between functions and business
- Develop and share a pragmatic approach and methods to build transparency on project progress and accountability, risk assessment and proactive mitigation plans in order to deliver business results consistently
- Build a consolidated overview of the various portfolios of projects within the program of his/her influence, in alignment and adapted to the various audience needs
- Make sure facts, financials, employees, strategy etc. are presented in a concise and executive manner, in preparation for presentation of progress and results to Senior Management/Steer Committees
- Closely collaborate with senior managers and peers in enabling Functions and in Business, to ensure clear alignment on processes, deliverables and overall full alignment with the Group’s strategy direction
- Drive the build out of strategic and comprehensive Communications Plan on the program(s) to enhance alignment, visibility, effectiveness and consistency of internal and external messages for the programs
- Champion and communicates the program objectives and strategy throughout the organization
- Progressive career in Biotech/life science and Pharma industry with excellent knowledge across multiple disciplines and areas such as R&D, Marketing and Sales, Finance and/or engineering; Experience with CDMO and/or biologics is an advantage
- Substantial leadership experience leading global key strategic cross-function programs
- Effective leadership skills to influence key senior stakeholders, drive cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed organization at all levels of the organization and across the entire Operations network
- Proven strategic mind-set and a clear view of where the business needs to go in the next years
- Previous experience in strategic projects that drove sustainable growth and competitive advantage of organizations
- Excellent project management skills (planning, schedule, resource and progress measurement) in Industrial / Business Change environments
- Proficient at developing and managing progress metrics and measurement frameworks
- Creative and entrepreneurial personality with high energy level and strong internal motivation to make things happen. Bias towards action and results delivery which are critical in a highly performance oriented environment
- Strong ability to leverage a diverse network and propose efficient and impactful solutions
- Experience in analysing and understanding ambiguous data and formulate hypothesis and translate into actionable plans combined with exceptional analytical skills to support complex matrix projects
- Structured working style - attention to detail, excellent follow up, good time management and prioritization
- Highly organized, structured and efficient working style; ability to manage a high workload with conflicting priorities in challenging environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.