Technologist - Characterisation
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Characterisation Technologist you will be responsible for the flawless planning and execution of analytical testing on therapeutic proteins to support product characterization and biocomparability studies for our customers, contributing to their drug development lifecycle and in getting lifesaving medicines to market.
- Executes analytical testing to generate data for characterization reports in a compliant matter, interpreting data against specifications and identifying trends in data – done to required timeframes and expected quality standard.
- Identifies, troubleshoots and escalates technical issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Contributing to the sustained efficient running of the laboratory as required.
- Involvement in technical discussions with team mates in order to resolve issues, kindle innovation ideas etc.
- Degree in relevant field (Chemistry, Biochemistry or Life Science)
- Familiarity with methods and instruments used for protein characterisation such as LC-MS (peptide mapping, intact mass analysis and oligosaccharide profiling).
- Awareness of protein structure, post-translational modifications, degradation pathways for recombination proteins
- Organisational and communication skills required to work on multiple studies and discuss analytical data (through both written reports and verbal presentations) with relevant managers, QA and Lonza customers
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.