Customer Strategic Procurement Lead
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Customer Strategic Procurement Lead proactively manages the engagement with Lonza Program Management Teams for all Early Stage, Development and Technology Transfer programs. The person in this role will align closely with the Program Managers to understand all programs and key milestone dates and will collaborate with program owners to identify the Procurement milestones, timelines and task owners.
- Make sure Lonza preferred material specifications and vendors are adopted in Bills of Materials (BOMs)
- Ensure that agreements made with our customers are aligned with the Lonza Procurement policies, strategies and supplier agreements
- Provide our customers with support to optimize the cost and supply chain(s) of the materials required for their programs
- Leads the assignment of milestones across the Central Category management team based on category ownership. Measures progress against milestones and drives accountability. Reviews contractual clauses between Lonza and our customers. Drives interaction standardization between Program Management and Procurement’s.
- Develops strategies to drive further supplier integration both into active programs and for specific technical challenges.
- Directly engages on specific program sourcing milestones, in conjunction with category owners, to assure program success.
- Represent procurement in key meetings with customers where appropriate.
- Will be directly responsible for and manage tasks within Procurement Program Management, Cost Modeling, Customer interface, Stakeholder Management and Supplier Integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred area of study: Engineering, Chemistry, Purchasing, Finance or Business
- Significant strategic sourcing and procurement experience in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, biochemistry or similar industry.
- Technical understanding of the role of the raw materials within various manufacturing processes in Biologics, Bioscience and CGT businesses.
- Understand the regulatory implications of our business, including processing a deep knowledge of GMP regulations.
- Research, data analysis (MS Excel), summary recommendation skills
- Understanding of financial impact raw material sourcing decisions have on the overall business.
- Working Project management skills and effective communication skills across cross functional teams.
- Strong emotional intelligence and influencing skills with internal (Program Managers) and External Stakeholders (Customers)
- Working experience reviewing Supplier and Customer contracts.
- Experience managing global relationships both internal and external.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.