Group Leader - Stability
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Group Leader to join one of our fast moving, dynamic, world leading scientific teams...
The successful applicant for this position will be looking after a team in our Stability department within Analytical Services at Lonza on site in Slough. As a Group Leader, you will lead a team of scientists to deliver Customer product stability studies on time, on budget and in compliance with Lonza Biologics Safety and cGMP policies and specific regulations on behalf of the Analytical Service function.
- Manage team performance, recruitment and retention
- Maintain required training and skills to execute duties
- Create realistic work plans deploying resources to deliver planned work schedule
- Manage progress, operational constraints and unplanned events to maintain schedule adherence
- Troubleshoot technical issues as required
- Monitor team’s overhead & BUP levels and timesheet accuracy
- Identify and manage individual and team training needs and plans
- Provides coaching and performance feedback to all direct reports
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Engage with internal and external customers as appropriate to align customer needs with execution
- Degree level one of the Biological areas
- Experienced in working with scientists in a Biotech/Pharma environment – within a stability setting
- Experience of running a team on a day to day basis, within an analytical services setting
- Demonstrated experience scheduling, deviations and Investigations
- Demonstrates loyalty and commitment to team. Actively promotes the department.
- Anticipates problems and shows initiative for problem-solving and generating new ideas.
- Willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective running of the department. Trustworthy with confidential information, is able to deal with confidential information in an appropriate and sensitive way. Does not divulge information out of department.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.