Senior Strategic Buyer Direct DPS - Packaging and Raw Materials
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Senior Strategic Buyer Direct.
Collaborate effectively with the Central procurement team to deliver value and continuous improvements:
- Support Central Category manager with category strategy development (e.g. provide site current and future business needs)
- Support implementation and execution of category strategies at site level
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites.
- Provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Support global & regional sourcing efforts
- Support the roll-out of new procurement policies/procedures and tools
- Support the optimization of transactional costs & efficiency of procurement activities (e.g. automation rates)
- Share best-practice sharing and synergies across sites
- Support standardization of specifications across sites and regions
- Track country savings performance and identify potential savings, risks & opportunities
- Drive utilization of on-line catalogues, E-Auctions and other leading edge sourcing tools
Ensure business continuity and meet site business needs:
- Ensure business continuity and supply/availability of direct materials
- Partner with site stakeholders to understand and support the delivery of current and future business needs
- Work with site controllers to provide spend and savings forecasts to management
- Manage supplier changes and transitions
Manage supplier relationship and performance at site level:
- Maintain and drive professional partnership/collaboration with suppliers
- Manage portfolio of suppliers and ensure compliance with requirements/policies
- Support comprehensive supply risk assessment across existing supplier portfolio (incl. single source, capacity constraints, financial risks, quality risks, etc...).
- Develop and implement mitigation solutions for key business risks identified
- Be aware of the supply market dynamics and changes to ensure competitiveness and supply risks are mitigated
Personal development and capability building:
- Define personal development goals and associated training and development needs
- Complete mandatory training and capability building program
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skill sets
- Working knowledge of general business practices
- Knowledge of Raw materials and packaging for medical purposes (Viles, Bottles, caps, etc.)
- Significant experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Strategic Buying/Category management)
- Purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Third party spend management
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP in a purchasing/procurement role
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.