Program Management Site Head
United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Program Management Head has overall responsibility for site-based Program Management which includes line management of Program and potential Business System Managers to provide direction, motivation and leadership. Thorough, effective interaction with Site management and active part of the local Site Leadership Team.
The PM Head has overall customer project execution responsibility for existing local business portfolio. Leadership, business acumen, efficient collaboration, persuasive communication with key stakeholders across the organization and achievement of local profitability results are the key focus area of the job.
- Represent the local PM department, as well as the customer portfolio, at Site Leadership meetings.
- Empowerment of team members and define, manage, monitor and review clear roles and responsibilities.
- Effectively manage resources to meet operational delivery.
- Plan and manage project portfolios and ensure a balanced allocation of resources to the projects.
- Maintain a working overview of all local programs and ensure a top-level understanding of their current status
- Organize and drives interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of projects on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Manage and oversee multiple priorities and resolve conflict at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for providing a monthly forecast of all site-based deliverables. This shall be achieved by chairing a monthly local (internal) S&OP meeting.
- Liaison with Proposals Group for handover activities; PM Assignments, scope of work change preparation etc
- Involvement in Project Governance Structure at the Site Level
- Responsible for ensuring completion of monthly Site level PM Reporting / Project Status Reports
- In addition, the incumbent may also manage specific elements or specialized functions for the Lonza Biologics network e.g. leading a taskforce or troubleshooting teams, operational excellence initiatives or special projects etc
- Degree in Life science with strong commercial background and experience in the CDMO business.
- Relevant experience as a CMC Lead preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Mammalian technology required.
- Advanced work experience in a relevant project/ program management functions or other equivalent business positions.
- Very strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage not only project teams in a matrix environment but also direct people management in a traditional hierarchical organizational structure.
- Thorough understanding of the commercial issues that impact project /program strategy and planning.
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with clients based on trust and delivery.
- Anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of our customers to meet or exceed their expectations
- Ability to create a highly collaborative and inclusive environment necessary for a team to be effective.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement the tools and techniques of the project management discipline
- Strong customer interpersonal skills and understands the value of building relationships based on trust.
- Has a strong sense of operating in a proactive manner driving him and his team towards key millstones and project initiatives.
- MS Project skills are required. Prior experience with MS Excel MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Effective use of hard and soft skills in all aspects of Program Management including conflict resolution, team building, decision making, etc.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.