Operational Excellence Specialist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operational Excellent Specialist plays a key role in supporting site Operations and Quality to deliver business results by working with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and taking accountability for rigorous project execution and delivery using Six Sigma, Lean and other approaches.
- Develop improvement project business case to secure the necessary support and resources for success
- Plan, lead, drive and execute improvements projects to deliver successful results using DMAIC approach
- Report milestone project progress and elevate major barriers to progress to ensure projects are delivered to plan
- Establish performance measures and process control plans to monitor project results to maintain improvement gains
- Support departmental improvement efforts in a variety of project team member roles to accelerate delivery of improvements
- Communicate project progress and promote project achievements to maintain awareness of improvement activity on site
- Become a knowledge resource to the site, coaching others in the philosophy, methods, tools, and techniques of process improvement to increase the capability of the business to respond to problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Scientific / Engineering discipline
- Lean or Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified with significant experience with implementation of Lean and/or Six Sigma tools
- Experience in biopharmaceutical or chemical industry with knowledge of cGMP and other relevant regulations and guidelines
- Experience leading project teams
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.