United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Statistician will be responsible for directing/documenting policy in use of Applied Statistics in process monitoring, model derivation, design and validation of custom applications. Will support the Global Operations’ Continuous Process Validation (CPV) plans, design and analysis of experiments, major investigations, and deployment of MVA solutions.
- Data aggregation using sophisticated methods (SQL, etc.).
- Leadership/guidance of other statistician roles within the department and/or other sites.
- Create and manage project charters.
- Coding for querying and assembling data for requisite (and automated) analytics.
- Training employees in statistical methods and software.
- Technical writing including presentations
- Writing policies, SOPs, test scripts
- Personnel interactions and reviews
- Problem Solving and Statistical Analyses
- Substantial experience within the scope of BioPharm policy setting, development of novel solutions and management of personnel, with understanding of bio-pharm processing.
- Significant experience in technical writing and delivering presentations geared toward an uniformed but educated audience.
- Experience planning and prioritization of multiple projects.
- Distilling technical analyses into easily understood and usable solutions.
- Ability to identify and provide novel solutions.
- Working experience with general statistics, including DOE, Multivariate (on-line and off-line) statistics, statistical programming and general SQL scripting.
- Working knowledge of systems’ validation and test scripts.
- Experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams.
- Skilled with multiple: C, C++, SAS, MATLAB, MINITAB, SPSS, STATISTICA, SVB, T-SQL
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.