QC Specialist I
United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
QC Specialist supports the Quality Control group by managing samples and documentation for the department. Performs sample receipt, aliquoting, and storage, coordinates /performs shipments to external customers and testing sites, creates /modifies LIMS templates, performs reconciliation of test results from the QC labs as well as external laboratories. Follow through on action items and participate in problem-solving of issues.
- Perform sample receipt, aliquoting, and sample storage. Segregate samples appropriately and ensure testing samples are placed in the correct location/lab. Processes retain samples into appropriate locations for long term storage. Discard retains after batch release.
- Prepare and ship samples to an external lab for testing.
- Support batch release by performing reconciliation of documentation including test records and LIMs results from internal and external laboratories and ensure that completed IPTP and QPS have been submitted to QA to meet batch releases.
- Participate and represent QC in operation and batch release meetings.
- Maintain and review sample logbooks for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Solid ability to speak publicly
- Solid ability to interpret data.
- Perform assigned, complex, and/or varied tasks with guidance from Supervisor.
- Prioritization and problem solving with guidance from Supervisor.
- Comprehend and follow instructions.
- Direct, control, and plan tasks/projects with guidance from Supervisor.
- Solid ability to communicate in both written and verbal format.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action with guidance from Supervisor.
- Self-motivated team player
- Completes assignments on-time and accurately
- Displays commitment to quality and performs job functions to the best of his/her ability
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.