Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Technical Trainer is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and delivery of training to ensure lean training matrix's and highly effective training delivery in terms of flow and engagement level. Prepare training design documents and managing instructional design projects with the aim of maximizing On Time First Time. The ultimate goals of the role are: faster and more effective onboarding, skilled and confident employees, simple, visual and harmonized training material and less errors.
- Develop training content and materials for specific technical training: Technical Designer (efficient document writing Documentation rules – Error Prevention, training packages and qualification modules).
- Preparation of training materials (Videos, Work Instructions, Learning Qualification Modules, PowerPoint slides, etc).
- Provide technical training and other GMP training coordination.
- Develop training programs to suit training of different levels (elementary/ advanced etc).
- Provide assessment of trainees’ competencies and qualifications.
- Attain trainer qualification in identified areas of specialization
- Work with stakeholders to determine training gaps and formulate appropriate training programs.
- Provide support in regulatory and customer audits relating to training as required.
- CAPA management linked to training.
- Act as Change Agent to improve the training material as part of continuous improvement to incorporate changes in manufacturing/error traps from historical deviations etc.
- Deliver Train the new Trainers (TTT) on site as required.
- Metrics and reporting / Real time training status.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to new starters during the first days.
- Ensure quality and safety guidelines are transmitted on trainings.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.