Sr. Engineering and Maintenance Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Sr. Engineering and Maintenance Manager is an integral member of the Manufacturing Asset Leadership Team and a regular participant in asset and functional strategy setting. Will be responsible for creating and maintaining a comprehensive resource plan and schedule for their assigned area of functional expertise. They are the accountable person for the delivery of designated functional services to the Asset and ensure that defined performance levels are met. Working in collaboration with other Managers they are responsible for the arrangements to provide SME and additional capacity resources to support the asset on an as needed basis.
- Drive continuous improvement activities, strategy development and delivery, as well as supporting organizational development and provide cultural leadership.
- Responsible for attracting and retaining skilled talent; training and encouraging a team-centric environment that improves business performance.
- Lead the functional department, managing safety, quality, compliance and efficient, product delivery, batch release, and cost efficiency.
- Participate in site strategy decisions as a part of the asset leadership team for the assigned operational unit.
- As a member of the Asset leadership team, lead cross-functionally with management, support departments, and customers to achieve site vision and strategy.
- Ensure that the manufacturing facility is in a continuous state of readiness for production and GMP audits.
- Supervise, train and mentor the functional team, create a high-performance team that emphasizes strengths-based execution, accountability, open communication, people development and continuous improvement.
- Provide functional expertise to the Asset Operations Head in order to achieve production plan achievement.
- AS/BS in Engineering, Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Trade or equivalent. Preferred area of study: Engineering and Science related discipline (High School Diploma or Equivalent may be considered with relevant experience)
- Experience in a Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical industry.
- Prior GMP experience and/or API manufacturing experience
- Excellent project and program management skills with systematic approaches to problem solving.
- Able to manage multiple cross-functional teams simultaneously.
- Ability to work inter-departmentally and with customers.
- Demonstrate ability for effective Planning, Organizing and Controlling competency
- Demonstrate sound problem solving and decision making, considering broad scope of factors
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in verbal and written form.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- The employee is living the cultural beliefs with the flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities. Is open to and actively seeks out feedback on their performance and translates that feedback into action.
- Experienced at establishing clear directions, leading others and bringing out their best
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.