Logistics Supervisor PM
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Houston has a phenomenal opportunity for a Logistics Supervisor PM (Monday – Friday 2:30 PM-11:00 PM). This individual will provide leadership and direction within the Logistics department on a daily basis to ensure all activities are being performed according to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) procedures. The incumbent is expected to create a culture of disciplined execution and a high level of professionalism for their team while ensuring employee and process safety at all times. Possesses the knowledge of the various areas of Receiving, Shipping Warehousing, Dispensary and Inventory Control. Defines and implements procedures within your area of responsibility ensuring alignment to the quality system. Represents the Logistics operation during customer meetings and audits / regulatory inspections. Implements appropriate tracking tools to ensure the achievement of all department KPI’s.
- Effectively supervise groups within Materials to ensure all customer requirements are met and performed safely and within GMP guidelines.
- Review receiving job descriptions, responsibilities and expectations. Provide guidance on escalation process. Review processes to ensure adherence to policy and adjust accordingly. Review daily workload to ensure adequate availability of resources. Ensure the development, updates and maintenance of SOP’s and work instructions are complete and can be/are followed. Review daily activities to ensure they are value added to company. Maintain audit readiness within the Receiving Area.
- Ensure the timely delivery of quality samples as well as continuous audit readiness within the Raw Material Sampling areas.
- Responsible for ensuring that material allocations for the daily production schedule are completed daily. Ensure that material returns from manufacturing are processed in a timely manner
- Review Goods Issue daily activities, responsibilities and expectations. Provide guidance on escalation process. Review daily workloads ensure adequate bandwidth is available to support requirements. Ensure the development, updates and maintenance of SOPs are complete and followed. Maintain audit readiness at all times.
- Accountable for the completion of daily sample shipments as well as scheduled final product shipments, to include all required documentation. Oversees completion of quality records for changes to shipping processes from validations and customer requests. Maintain audit readiness within the Shipping Area.
- Ensure monthly inventories are performed and sustained by staffing and submitted in a timely manner to Inventory Control. Sustain/maintain replenishment material inventory. Review SAP transactions to ensure clear segregation of responsibilities. Review daily activities to ensure they are value added to company. Review transactions (i.e. Cycle Counts inventory investigations) and provide direction on how to handle root cause and corrective actions. Maintain audit readiness within Inventory Control.
- Facilitate scheduling PM’s for Maintenance/Calibration/HVAC. Perform reviews/approvals of all required documentation from these activities.
- Ensure the development, updates and maintenance of SOP’s and work Instructions are complete and can be/are followed.
- Maintain audit readiness within the Warehouse areas.
- Develop Logistics Specialists/Leads so they are trained in all areas of warehouse operations as noted on their specific job description.
- Develop new strategies and improve on current processes in support the changing environment.
- Complete ongoing Employee Health & Safety (EHS) awareness training.
- Bachelors Preferred
- Advanced experience in the GMP Logistics and Warehousing industry
- Supervisory experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced SAP experience
- Advanced experience of GMP standards and practices
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to troubleshoot (root cause analysis) and resolve problems
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Available to work PM hours of 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM. Hours can vary based on business needs
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.