United Kingdom, Cambridge
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Scientist to join our APS team based at our site in Cambridge, UK. The successful candidate will work on the isolation and banking of human primary cells and the design and execution of various in vitro cell-based bioassays. As part of the role, good record keeping and skilled presentation of data will be essential. The role will involve leading multiple client projects as well as developing current and new bioassay platforms.
- Supporting existing assay platforms to assess the immune response to therapeutic proteins.
- Isolation, banking and characterisation of PBMC (peripheral blood mononuclear cells).
- Improvement of current assay platforms.
- Development of novel assay platforms.
- PhD/MSc/BSc Degree in Life Sciences /Science
- Understanding of immunology and/or cell based assays
- Good record keeping and skilled presentation of data
- What would be nice to have:
- Laboratory experience would be an advantage
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.