Sales Effectiveness Business Analyst
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) operates in an increasingly competitive global environment. An environment that is rich in data and systems. It is critical that our commercial teams are best in class to deliver on our growth ambitions. As the Sales Effectiveness and Business Analytics team builds a presence inside of the organization, there is an opportunity for a dedicated Business Analyst to assist in the growth & alignment of the team. You will be responsible for leveraging your analytical skills and have a hands-on attitude to help bring actionable insights to implement, drive, and shape how programs, projects, and/or various field and internal teams are looking at their business. You will partner cross-functionally across teams (finance, data team, marketing, supply chain, sales) to support, facilitate and report on actionable insights. You will also play a critical role to report on KPIs, and increase consistency, visibility and accountability to standard reporting of our business. You will lead the day-to-day reporting, triaging, ad-hoc analysis, and communication of various initiatives, operational metrics, and KPIs across the CHI organization.
- Designing tools and reports for the field and sales management teams to enhance productivity and provide information to measure the impact of sales force details, and other promotional activity
- Lead end to end SAP Reporting & Analytics Platform + act as design authority for the BW/HANA/SAP implementation
- Partner very closely with business stakeholders to understand requirements, design and deliver solutions for reporting and planning functions
- Consolidate and manage legacy data warehouse and systems, Analytics and reporting tools and support all future BI & Analytics requirements for new system implementation
- Continually improve dashboard offerings for business partners and ensure on-going monitoring and analysis of business performance, providing targeted dashboards and recommendations for improvement
- Develop tools for margin management (optimization) and contract reviews. Modelling and comparison of scenarios (price/volume scenarios) as a base for business decisions and sales contracts (according to the approval guidance based on contract value).
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business data, systems and processes under team’s area of support.
- This position is responsible for program management around business information acquisition, analytics and reporting. This role will also play a role in data stewardship
- Communicates with sales management on data status, creation, and distribution of sales reports to field sales and in-house partner
- Collect, organize, and analyze the various data available, synthesize all relevant facts and context; and prepare actionable findings
- Develop standardized reporting that can be used across various levels of the organization that provides a simplified view into the key metrics of the business
- Oversee and summarize processes in logical and understandable formats for other team members including data manipulation and dataset preparation
- Responsible for developing (in alignment with Global vision) a User Interface for Field Force Reporting Platform, KPI calculations and definitions, and upkeep of all data definitions used for reporting and analytics
- Develop and direct a process to clean and integrate complex datasets in order to create a simplified view elevating the use of analytics by our sales teams
- Ensure quality of output by continually running quality checks and reviews of the reports and the data processes
- Investigates and resolves data questions/inquiries from the field and internal partners. Creates solutions to data issues in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and training as requested by leadership and occasionally provide various leaders within the org. ad hoc reports for unique business needs that fall outside of standard reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Decision Science, Information Systems or Information Sciences
- Significant experience in the life sciences business working with descriptive statistics in an analytic function
- Knowledge of sales and marketing function with ability to anticipate needs, make recommendations and respond to dynamic market needs quickly and appropriately
- Experience across multiple reporting tools, data sets and proficiency with data manipulation tools like SQL, MS Excel, etc. including formulas, expressions and charting.
- Must have strong commercial and business acumen with heavy experience working with SAP, SFDC, and POWER BI. In this role you will work with advanced Excel (VBA is a plus).
- Proven Experience setting up BI & Analytics strategy and roadmap
- Experience working on BW on HANA, SAP Analytics, Hana Data Models and reporting outputs from SAP
- Experience in SAP Analytics Cloud Development - Required
- Preferable if you are able to code a SQL query and exposure or experience with SAS is a plus.
- Ability to navigate matrix organizations effectively with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of peers and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Analytical brain with strong math/quantitative skills. The ability to communicate actionable analytical findings in clear and concise language
- Results-oriented, diligent, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Assertive, responsible for his/her own work (self-directed), have a strong affinity for defining work in deliverables, and be willing to commit to deadlines
- Ability to take complex problems or ideas and simplify.
- Sets and manages themselves with clear goals and priorities & strong Communication skills to all levels of the organization (i.e. verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proficiency with other MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.