Logistics Specialist 2, Supply Chain Management
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Logistics Specialist will perform materials management activities across the site, including warehouse, inventory management, transporting material, shipping/receiving, cycle counting, and financial information for the logistics department.
- Oversee daily area operations and ensure smooth workflow in terms of receipt, storage and shipment
- Complete understanding of daily functions and process flow of assigned core area (i.e. Shipping: coordinate, liaise between internal departments for arrangement of export samples & BDS shipment)
- Ensure accuracy of shipment documents and all required permits are provided for each shipment
- Liaise with forwarder, consignee to ensure smooth & timely pick-up and delivery of shipment
- Inventory management, liaising with sourcing to ensure sufficient shipment/ packing materials
- Knowledge of all SAP transactions relating to core area functions
- Maintain accuracy of all transactions in SAP related to material movement and inventory
- Investigate and respond to inquiries regarding responsible logistics functions (warehousing, shipping, receiving distribution, inventory control)
- Enhanced knowledge and ability to utilize quality systems. (i.e. DMS, Variance/Deviation)
- Solid understanding of material handling/storage safety
- Monitor area paperwork for accuracy and compliance
- Assist with the transportation and relocation of materials as needed
- Flexibility to support activities in multiple warehouse functional areas as required
- Maintain and Monitor equipment as required. (i.e. Temperature charts, Logbooks)
- Understanding of Logistics department work flow and where it resides in the company work flow
- Troubleshoot and respond to area problems
- Identify gaps in processes & procedures and recognize/identify deficiencies or gaps in processes
- Work interdepartmentally to complete assigned tasks, (i.e. QC Raw Materials, Purchase to Pay)
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Diploma in Supply Chain/Material Management or any relevant discipline
- Working experience in directly related field of similar technology level (i.e. Inventory management systems / Quality systems) or GMP related background involving API’s
- Good knowledge of warehouse operations and procedures
- Familiar with SAP - WM module
- Advanced understanding of computer systems (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledge in Dangerous Goods regulation / IATA / Tradenet
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Good decision making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good coordination skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to operate forklift and other warehouse equipment
- Action orientation and a positive attitude.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.