Leiter/in Kommunikation und Standortmarketing
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The domain of communications is multifaceted and stimulating for Lonza Visp, the largest and fastest-growing site in our global network. Our ambitious goals and complex challenges call for a leading communication structure, strategy and team.
To fulfil our objectives, we are currently looking to fill two roles as part of our Communications Team here in Visp: One Head of Site Communications and one Head of Site Marketing Visp. Both roles have their main responsibilities and tasks but are largely interdependent and complementary. The two roles will work in partnership to lead the Communications team in Visp to devise and deliver internal and external communications, site marketing and the stakeholder management.
Key responsibilities for the role of Head of Site Communications Visp:
- Managing and assuming responsibility for all internal communication activities
- Responsible for managing / devising and implementing internal communications as well as location-specific projects and topics (such as Visp2030, IbexTM, carve-out, environmental issues as mercury)
- Responsible for internal communications at Visp (e.g. intranet incl. EMEA support, videos, screens, flyers, posters, events, surveys, etc.)
- Overseeing issues management and events / crisis communication (preparation and implementation) in collaboration with event organization and site management
- Advising and supporting the CEO (for Visp-related topics), site leadership team, management and HR managers in all matters of communication
- Responsible for the organization and execution of Leadership communication platforms (e.g. newsletters, Leadership Day, management breakfast etc.)
- Serving as a member of site leadership team
- Serving as Lonza spokesperson and press contact for local media, also cultivating networks with the media and partners.
- Responsible for managing / devising and implementing external communications as well as location-specific projects and topics (such as Visp2030, IbexTM, carve-out, environmental issues as mercury)
- Together with the Head of Site Marketing Visp, co-acting as official representative of Lonza towards the public in the region
Management of communication department
- Together with the Head of Site Marketing Visp, overseeing entrepreneurial management and strategic/organizational development of communications and site marketing
- Recruiting, managing, supporting and developing employees in the Communications Team
Connections with Global Communications
- Fostering close collaboration with the colleagues in the Global Communications Team and ensuring the integration of global communication standards and initiatives
- Adapting global projects / initiatives for the site
Key responsibilities for the role of Head of Site Marketing Visp:
This role will report into the Head of Communications.
Site development and Site marketing
- Supporting site strategy development at the Visp site
- Coordinating internal site marketing: e.g. Welcome Days, special offers for employees, launching initiatives such as mobile plans and fitness initiatives, etc.
- Overseeing external Visp site marketing and positioning activities
- Responsible for marketing communications for Visp HR marketing
- Overseeing stakeholder management at the Visp site within the ISO process
Public affairs and political engagement
- Managing public policies/public affairs for Lonza Visp/Switzerland and serving as contact for political representatives
- Responsible for local social media platforms
- Responsible for sponsoring activities
- Together with the Head of Site Communications Visp, co-acting as official representative of Lonza towards the public in the region
Management of Marketing department
- Together with the Head of Site Communications Visp, overseeing entrepreneurial management and strategic/organizational development of site marketing
- Recruiting, managing, supporting and developing employees within the Site Marketing Team (which forms a part of the Communications Team)
Key requirements for both roles:
- MBA or advanced degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 10+ years communications experience, preferably within the pharma and biotech industry.
- Experience in stakeholder/community engagement.
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies.
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns.
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Analytical approach and lateral thinking capabilities.
- Languages: Swiss-German and English.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.