Supervisor - LAL
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is based at our Walkersville, MD facility and is responsible for the daily supervision and operation of the Limulus Amebocyte Lysate (LAL) cleanrooms and Finishing and Kitting Area activities. Coordinates the Filling and Finishing staff to ensure the manufacturing schedule is executed according to proper procedures and guidelines. Meets key performance indicators and drives continuous improvements. Maintains the operation of the LAL manufacturing area within the requirements of cGMP and ISO 9001 regulations. Ensures a safe working environment at all times.
- Supervise all daily manufacturing duties. Provide input to the manufacturing schedule by working with the Department Planner.
- Ensure daily production schedule is met. Manages personnel and equipment capacity to meet production demands.
- Maintain production equipment in good working order. Work with support groups to source, maintain, repair and retire equipment
- Timely investigation and resolution of manufacturing deviations, CAPAs, and customer complaints.
- Revise and review batch records, SOPs, and forms to ensure compliance with GMPs. Timely review of completed batch records.
- Participate in new product introductions, cross-functional projects and process
- improvement initiatives and internal and customer audits.
- Coach, mentor and guide direct reports. Participate in performance reviews and career development with personnel. Ensure training compliance is met.
- Ensure a safe working environment and personnel adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Provides communication support by establishing and enforcing communication policies and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as defined by leadership.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) preferred area of study: Biological Sciences OR Engineering with 3-5 years of production experience OR Associates Degree in Life Sciences or related discipline with 5-7 years production experience OR Education can be waived based on 8-10 years of previous relevant manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years direct supervisory experience required.
- Experience leading teams in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of GMP
- Strong leadership skills, time management, organization, detail-oriented, computer software skills, record keeping and planning skills, written and oral communication, flexibility, and both teamwork and independent working skills. Ability to facilitate and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of biology, chemistry, statistical analysis, technical writing is beneficial.
- Knowledge of basic specialized equipment desired: Automated Labeling machines
- Quality values, strong work ethic/self starter, positive attitude, dependable, Team oriented interpersonal skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.