Head of New Small Molecule Manufacturing Center
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking for a Head of New Small Molecule Manufacturing Center. You will be in charge of the New Small Molecule Manufacturing center where your mission will be strong involvement in the build-up of this new production facility as future receiver and in parallel establishing all the operational set-up, ensuring the successful technical transfer and start-up with the first API. In the 2nd phase, you will ensure flawless operational execution safely within the expected quality and compliance. You will be responsible for delivery on time and in full within the budget. You will introduce improvement initiatives like MSAT activities, OE or innovation in order to meet the sales and gross profit of the defined annual target and longterm plan. You will manage diverse teams of managers and professionals as well embracing future new investments in this facility for future growth.
- Responsible for safety guidance/SOPs, reviewing safety performance with his line leaders as well as implementing any safety improvements needed
- Review all quality KPIs with the line leaders, take measures or set corrective/preventive actions for resolving quality issues/risks as well as ensure the adequate training is in place to ensure the manufacturing staff understand and practice the defined SOPs and cGMP guidelines
- Responsible to prepare customer audits, inspections within manufacturing activities/assets as well as participate as SMEs as well whenever needed
- Responsible of all activities in manufacturing to deliver the target, including capacity planning, align resources, execution of the CAPEX in the lines and infrastructure, ensuring a good technical transfer as process receiver with MSAT and consolidating the manufacturing performance on a weekly basis
- Setting priorities on solutions where issues are raised with line leaders, reporting risks and escalating issues to the Head of Operations Small Molecule when needed
- Accountable to prepare the budget of his operation and contribute strongly in the Business Strategy Review submission
- Planning future needs in terms of resources and new profiles in respect to new business needs
- Continuing to optimize or improve organizational structure and culture, including succession and development plans for his direct reports and the operation leadership team
- Master’s degree, PhD is an advantage; in Chemistry or related areas
- Green or Black Belt is preferred
- Extensive operational experience (R&D, Manufacturing, Logistic, QA, or similar)
- Several years of leadership experience (team size 50+)
- Deep business understanding with strong ethical behavior
- Demonstrated delivery skills
- Problem solving: Analytical and strategic thinking
- Agile, collaborative and positive attitude with good communication skills, who can make tough calls when necessary
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.