Director - Strategic Marketing
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are currently looking for an experienced and driven person to join us as the Director of Strategic Marketing. This is an integral role and will work in a multi-functional, mutli-national Licensing Business Unit, across the global Lonza network.
If you are a forward thinking strategist, this could be the perfect role for you… The Director of Strategic Marketing is responsible for the development, execution and measurement of the strategic marketing/market development plan and go-to-market strategies for Lonza’s current and future technologies. The main purpose of the role is to support the Licensing business unit’s short and long term objectives underpinned by deep market understanding and customer insights; and to ensure marketing and communication strategies deliver on defined goals to seed the Life science innovator market with Lonza technologies. The role has budget responsibility for marketing initiatives and activities required to support the Licensing business. A key responsibility of the role is to take the lead in working collaboratively with other relevant biologics business units within Lonza to help ensure technology and services marketing and communication strategies are aligned
- Drive adoption of Lonza technologies by pharma and biotech innovators by developing executing and tracking marketing plans that support business unit strategic initiatives and priorities.
- Design execute and track a coherent communication strategy across different channels aligned with LPBN brand, corporate brand guidelines, marketing and revenue objectives of the business.
- Provide strategic input to internal and external innovation/growth projects to define the licensing opportunity, the target technology profile, target customer segment for a given project, and the underlying business plan/forecast
- Design marketing and communication strategies to maximize the growth of the business unit and drive commercial success.
- Manage and coach the GS Product Manager. This includes day-to-day oversight of activities and performance, as well as ensuring individual development plan is in place and implemented.
- Plan (in close collaboration with Global Head of Licensing), manage and track the marketing budget for the Licensing business unit.
- University degree in Science related field and/or Business. Further degree qualification (PhD/MBA/Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- Proven track record in senior marketing role managing a complex portfolio in a b2b business; developing, implementing and measuring multi-channel strategies;
- Experienced with preparing and executing product launches incl. strategic marketing input for R&D and innovation projects; creating differentiating marketing strategies focused on current and future client needs
- Demonstrated networking skills with a proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships in matrix organisations
- Work experience within one or more key players in the LS innovation ecosystem, pharma services or CDMO
- Has a strategic mind set and is excited about bringing innovations to the market (translating R&D projects into meaningful products/customer solutions)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.