Sr. Manager, Engineering
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech currently has an opening for a seasoned Senior Engineering Manager to work in their Bend, OR location.
This position will report to the Director of Engineering and will be responsible for leading the engineering team and supporting the site through equipment installation and improvement projects and 24/7 support of process equipment. The successful candidate will possess a collaborative mindset; working with other colleagues on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Experience in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environment is a definite plus.
- Manage resourcing and prioritization to successfully deliver engineering projects
- Manage capital expenditures related to equipment and projects
- Coordinate installation, commissioning, and qualification of facility, utility and process equipment
- Oversee development of equipment documentation packages
- Select and evaluate vendor and contractor capabilities
- Design, implement, and evaluate the effectiveness of corrective and preventative actions
- Implement and commission continuous improvements to production processes and equipment
- Support 24/7 production operations
- Coach and develop cross-functional engineering team
- 10-15 years of professional engineering experience preferred
- At least five years of cGMP related experience (pharmaceutical preferred)
- Demonstrable strong compliance, mechanical, analytical and technical skills
- Able to work collaboratively to problem solve and develop solutions and corrective actions
- Experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Able to work in a GMP clean environment when needed to support manufacturing
- Able to use stairs and regularly stand or sit for prolonged periods of time
- May be required to push, pull, lift or move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- PPE required for handling hazardous materials, electrical hazards, etc
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.