Associate Director, Market Modelling and Planning
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining, improving and updating our self-developed CDMO market model and drive its adoption within the business units. You will be supporting strategic decision-making processes, particularly market planning through scenarios methodology. You will be driving a broader change management process within the business units so that the organization can have a harmonized market planning process based on the function best practices, including the delivery of the tools needed for the process to run smoothly (applications, dashboards, and simulations). Together with the entire leadership of the broader Analytics function, you will also be responsible for generating strategic insights to the organization by understanding, analyzing and consolidating different aspects of our market, competitors and business.
- Acts as a thought leader to Commercial and Marketing leadership team and provides hands-on end-to-end support to the team to deliver their objectives, from conceptual problem solving to delivery of value-added, practical analytical tools
- Translates company’s "market to revenue" process as a system that can be modelled, analyzed and predicted; the output of this translation is an application/tool that enables the forecast and diagnosis of company’s performance through complex and dynamic modelling/simulation of relevant LPBN sub-processes ensuring inefficiencies, pain points and bottlenecks are identified and different solution scenarios are simulated
- Provides inputs for decision making processes at all seniority levels and in all key business functions in the organization that are fully backed by data describing the dynamics of Lonza's external (market) and internal (marketing, sales, tech ops) environment
- Assesses the applicability of new data sources to the different sub-processes affecting company’s "market to revenue" process and ensures their on boarding into our environment
- Fosters a data driven culture within company to improve its business processes
- Collaborates with Business Intelligence and Reporting team to deliver applications, reports and dashboards required to drive the proposed planning process
- Leads a team of analysts and managers/senior managers with full people management responsibility (lead, manage and coach the Market Modelling and Planning team, including performance and rewards decision for direct reports)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- In-depth knowledge and multiyear experience working with data analysis and/or insights generation
- Highly developed business acumen and problem- solving skills, including the ability to think conceptually
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and modelling gained through experience on operations research or any applied statistics field
- In-depth knowledge of computational simulation, including translation of complex systems into mathematical models, what-if analysis and analysis of probabilistic results
- Full domain of Microsoft Office package (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- Good knowledge of coding principles (coding in R or Python is a plus)Good knowledge of big data management and architecture
- Good project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player: able to manage and work with various teams and external partners
- Leadership: able to lead peers and influence senior leaders
- Able to manage own workflow independently
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.