Territory Sales Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Great opportunity for a Territory Sales Manager with Lonza, based in Vietnam. This position will be responsible for managing a sales territory covering the Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) focusing on the generics pharmaceutical market. The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) will work with existing customers as well as prospecting for new customers, while keeping management informed of market conditions and competitive activities. In addition, the TSM will collaborate closely with Account Solutions Representatives, Sales Managers, Field Service Engineers, Quality and Business Development colleagues to ensure customer needs are being properly fulfilled and annual territory sales targets are achieved.
- Make prospect/customer visits to solicit and receive orders, commitments to orders and contracts.
- Visit customers to satisfactorily resolve customer complaints, accomplish targeted sales objectives, and supply written visit reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide market feedback to management and other key team members about competitive activities, i.e. pricing, quality, new product introductions, sales force changes, etc.
- Introduce capsule dosage forms to potential capsule users through prospect R&D and Marketing groups, with assistance from Business Development, Marketing and Sales.
- Attend trade shows and conventions to represent Lonza and support Marketing efforts.
- Provide forecast to management of customer capsule needs.
- Develop multi-department / multi-level contacts at key customers.
- Engage targeted customers and prospects from time to time to solidify business relationships.
- Manage territory with agreed-to budget controls.
- Ensures total customer satisfaction and adequate branding for the territory
- Be responsible for the timely, efficient and accurate processing of customer capsule orders, complaints and requests for information.
- Plan, organize and implement customer plant visits to ensure mutually advantageous relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, life sciences or technical discipline required.
- Significant sales experience (business-to-business sales strongly preferred) to include contacts with Purchasing, Production, R&D, Marketing and Quality
- Experience in a related industry preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage resources to maximize territory performance
- Experienced making presentations with both external and internal customers
- Must be capable of making on the spot sales decisions through negotiations with customers that can have a major impact on the CHI business
- Must manage the team selling approach serving as the leader among the Account Solutions Representatives and the Field Service Engineers in support of all territory accounts
- Must have interpersonal effectiveness and patience in handling all aspects of external and internal customer interactions and have demonstrated the ability to be a team player
- Must be able to travel to accounts/sales meetings domestically (50%); occasional international travel may be required