Associate Director, Business Development - North America (Capsules & Health Ingredients)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) is actively seeking an Associate Director, Business Development to lead the North American Business Development team. The group is tasked with identifying strategic growth opportunities and new customers in order to achieve the regional business targets annually. CHI Business Development has a keen focus on building networks and relationships that unlock innovation and growth opportunities. This leader coordinates cross-functional projects between Sales/New Product Development/Research & Development/Operations; and is responsible for establishing the market evaluation positioning and introduction of new products, services, and technologies in the region.
- Responsible for leading a team of Business Development Managers in North America to generate new business & expansion of the customer base through direct customer visits and flawless project management
- Must be able to generate and close new business opportunities by promoting current technologies and emerging technologies as they become available
- Identifies market trends, assesses market potential and develops strategies to grow Lonza’s market share in the Consumer Healthcare Industries.
- Makes presentations and implements development projects at CHI customers, sets in place the required project plans and executes the plan and closes new business.
- Provides timely customer support and defines and interfaces with internal resources, when necessary.
- Works with Lonza marketing, sales, customer service, marketing and product development to develop strategies that ensures Lonza’s position as a multi products solution provider for customers’ existing products and new product introductions.
- Ability to build relationships and sell to all levels including Director, VP, President and CEOs
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Substantial Strategic Business Planning, including Sales, Product Development, Marketing and Business Development experience
- Must have proven team leadership experience for a geographically dispersed team.
- Must have project management experience in developing and implementing the introduction of new lines of products or new technologies to the marketplace, and be able to manage projects with a results-oriented focus.
- Knowledge of product life cycles is required.
- Must be action and execution oriented, possess the ability to work independently while leading a team, with a high degree of interpersonal savvy, organizational agility, and managerial courage.
- Proven track record in identifying market trends and establishing action plans that capitalize on the trends to deliver sales.
- Sales driven and results oriented with a high degree of enthusiasm, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to multi-task and manage resources to maximize regional performance
- Must be able to work across the region and among multiple functions.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively in the US, plus occasional international travel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.