Commercial Financial Manager APAC
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role is based in Gurgaon & will report to Head of Commercial Finance. You will be the key team member, supporting financial planning, analysis and decision support, compliance and reporting. This position works with the Head of Commercial Finance CHI and collaborates very closely with the APAC Commercial leaders, Supply Chain and operations controllers as well as with other functional leaders
- Ensures financial compliance, drives productivity initiatives, support commercial activities in the region and strategy development, guide on technical financial matters, support day to day finance operations and ensures the function operates at a high level of excellence
- Takes a supporting and leading role in the region and in Finance, set and deliver on business objectives and strategies
- Organizes and drive relevant planning and analysis processes such as long term planning (BSR), annual budget, outlooks and forecasts for the region (commercial)
- Manage monthly closing and reporting, such as:
Monthly Pricing/Sales Performance in USD (Price, Volume & Mix, FX), Sales and margins review, review of sales adjustments (rebates, etc.)
Regional cost control for Sales and Business Development
Regional inventory and AR review
- Analyses business performance, recommends benchmarks, highlights key opportunities and risks and works closely with other functions (in particular operations and supply chain) in developing plans to capture opportunities and mitigate risks
- Partners with Commercial Head in all commercial financial planning & analysis for the region
- Collaborates with the Sub Regions and be key stakeholder in the S&OP process (validate volumes and prices with sales, monitor inventory levels and customer payment behavoir)
- Acts as business partner and plays an instrumental role in connecting dots between sales marketing and business development
- Provide recommendations for customer pricing & credit limits, involvement in regional pricing strategy and manage the approval process with global stakeholders
- Shares global responsibility for CHI financial and management accounting in accordance with IFRS, the Lonza Finance Accounting Manual (FAM) and other required accounting principles
- Supports assessment of potential M&A transactions as well as due diligences and business integration
- Collaborates with Group Finance Management in ensuring state of the art financial systems and processes that maximize functional efficiency
- Leads key strategic and tactical initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.
Key Stakeholders : Head of Commercial Finance & Commercial Lead APAC
- Substantial experience post MBA Finance / Chartered Accountant in Finance Planning & Analysis, Reporting, etc
- Industry preferred : FMCG, Pharma
- SAP experience is must.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.