Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Opportunities have arisen in our Global Manufacturing Plant at the center of excellence in Slough. We are currently looking to recruit a number of Biotechnologist on a full time basis.
Suitable applicants will ideally have previous experience of working within a manufacturing / warehouse / engineering or other GxP regulated environments. We are seeking individuals who can demonstrate the following processes to strict guidelines and timeframes and have a clear attention to detail and are used to working in a team environment.
Full training can be provided with an opportunity to develop your career as a Biotechnologist within the pharmaceutical industry.
These positions are a mixture of day and night shifts which also includes non-negotiable weekend working. Attractive salary, shift allowance and annual bonus offered.
Night shift positions will require the individual to work days for the first three months of their employment due to training requirements.
- As a key member of the team you will be ensuring that biopharmaceutical products are manufactured to the highest standard of quality within a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) regulated environment.
- Positions exist within upstream and downstream processing; so you will either be responsible for the production of therapeutic proteins using mammalian cell culture techniques; or the purification of proteins using a wide range of purification techniques.
- Through on the job training you will obtain a thorough knowledge of upstream or downstream processing, buffer/ equipment preparation
- You will ensure that a high standard of GMP is adhered to at all times
- Works to appropriate safety procedures
- Adherence of Quality management procedures
- Working in a clean room environment
- Day Shift - Working on a 14 day rotating shift pattern to include alternate weekends including bank holidays
- Night shift – 4 days on 4 days off continuous rotation including weekends and bank holidays
- As the manufacturing plant is a 365 day, 24/7 operation it therefore requires people to work Christmas, New Year and Easter.
- Manufacturing or Production experience is desirable
- Working understanding of GMP regulations are desirable.
- Hands on experience within Purification or Fermentation is an advantage.
- We are open to viewing profiles of individuals who have little to strong hands on industry experience whatever the industry.
Should you wish to apply for this role, please submit your CV and a cover note detailing why you would like to work within Manufacturing.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.