R&D Science Lead
United Kingdom, Slough
R&D Science Lead - Delta V
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to growth we are seeking a R&D Science Lead – Delta V with an interest in continuous processing using mammalian cells to join our industry leading R&D team in helping to develop state of the art new therapies by driving down the cost of manufacturing through radical process innovation.
This is a unique opportunity to move your ideas from the thought world through our integrated continuous biomanufacturing sandbox to realisation in a new purpose built manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will join a fast paced, results orientated, high-performing team, where the expectation is that the work will be delivered to the highest quality.
- Develops Delta V control architecture for new processes and control paradigms
- Working closely with the upstream Senior Principal Scientist to support complex experimental studies.
- Reviews experimental results and respective scientific documentation
- Helps with ensuring lab procedures are adhered to and supports safety assessments
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree educated in biotechnology/biochemistry or chemical/biochemical engineering with relevant laboratory experience (preferably industrial)
- Hands on experience with creating Delta V control architecture.
- Industrial experience of automation and programming of Delta V
- Industrial biopharmaceutical experience would be desired but backgrounds in chemical engineering would be considered.
- A team-orientated person with a can-do attitude who is self-motivated and can work independently
- Someone who is excited about getting involved in cutting-edge research and has a passion for science
- An individual focused on building a technical career in the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Must be available to work around 1 weekend in 5 on a rota.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.