R&D Purification Scientist
United Kingdom, Slough
R&D Purification Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Downstream Processing R&D Group in Slough is recruiting for a Purification Scientist with a background in biomanufacturing. This is a technical scientific role focused on advancement and optimisation of purification technologies. This lab based role, delivers technical solutions for the next generation intensified purification processes that meet future industry demands and maintain Lonza as the leading contract manufacturer. The R&D Group consists of scientists and engineers with diverse skill sets working on complex, non-routine, technical research programs.
- Work in the purification R&D team; plans and executes several complex (non-routine) experimental programs simultaneously.
- Generates experimental results and reviews respective scientific documentation
- Is responsible for ensuring that studies are scientifically sound and in line with current regulatory guidance and expectations
- Author technical reports with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations.
- Support technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations.
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments; comply with required GxP, documentation, data integrity and training standards.
- Lead general laboratory organization and maintenance; support activity planning and resource management
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate Degree in Biological Sciences/(Bio)Chemical Engineering/Biological Engineering/Chemistry or have equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in the area of multi-column chromatography and bioprocess integration
- Experience with use of statistical methods for DOE (design of experiments) design and multivariate data analysis
- Experience with technology development, evaluation and implementation in bioprocessing and / or biotechnology discipline
- Good working knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical methods for characterisation of biological molecules
- Knowledge of technical or commercial operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.