United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are looking to recruit for a 12 months fixed term contract. Hours of work are 08:00-16:30 Monday-Friday. We are seeking an experienced Manufacturing Pharmaceutical Trainer to join the Training team.
As a Trainer you will be part of a team; providing training on cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) procedures to incumbent staff and new hires to enable them to become effective contributors to the Manufacturing Plant. This will include re-qualifications and new starter training. Techniques can include aseptic procedures, TOC (total organic carbon), pipettes, strip cleaning of Safety Cabinets, Entry/ Exit into the relevant Manufacturing areas, usage of pumps, pH meters, bio-welders, clipster tools, conductivity meters, osmometers, centrifuge and water baths .
- Onboarding new hires ensuring they are suitably trained and compliant in the use of equipment and learning qualification modules and trained on the relevant SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Conduct practical technical training sessions and assessments within a manufacturing environment with due regard to cGMP requirements
- Carry out regular technical assessments to qualify staff in critical cGMP procedures
- Co-ordinate the execution of training programs in consultation with the area team lead
- Ensure staff training documentation is completed in compliance with cGMP
- Execute and further develop new starter technical training programs in consultation with the area team lead
- Monitor the effectiveness of training
- Identify improvements to the training program and implement continuous improvement activities
- Promote understanding by providing operators with background knowledge of the methods used in manufacturing
- Conduct technical training on mammalian cell culture including the use of bioreactors, chromatography steps, filtration and aseptic procedures
- Experience working within a cGMP environment
- Experience of training in a Manufacturing or regulated environment
- Ideally Practical Manufacturing experience within a cGMP environment
- Excellent coaching and communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.