Sr. Supplier Quality Professional
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking for a Sr. Supplier Quality Professional to join our Global Supplier Quality team. This role can sit at any of our Lonza sites within the United States. As part of the energetic Global Supplier Quality team, our Sr. Supplier Quality Professional will be the single point of contract (SPOC) for assigned suppliers on behalf of our Regional Head. You will ensure the uninterrupted supply of materials and services to Lonza by assessing the quality of the Suppliers and their ability to meet defined requirements utilizing tools such as Quality Risk Management (QRM), supplier assessments/audits, and complaint/deviation trend management.
- Perform Supplier Quality assessments/audits of Suppliers to Lonza’s annual plan and follow-up on CAPAs that are agreed to.
- Assure all issues are timely classified and communicated to the Supplier and to Lonza sites that are impacted.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in determining solutions and actions
- Manage problems of diverse scope using a high degree of personal judgment
- Ability to develop clear, concise, and timely written reports
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff.
- Ensure that change requests, either from the assigned Supplier or from Lonza, are managed accordingly to the Quality Agreement and Lonza SOPs from receipt. This will be tracked through to the implementation and closure.
- Participate in the Reporting on QA Supplier performances, including risk assessment ranking and managing defined KPI’s.
- Monitor KPI’s and ensure all work is performed in a consistent manner against harmonized expectations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences.
- Substantial experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Significant experience with industry auditing (internal and external) manufacturing facilities, equipment, laboratories and service providers.
- Certification of Quality Auditor (ASQ or equivalent) is required.
- Strong cGMP knowledge, ISO standards and international regulations is required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.