United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Pilot Coordinator to join our MSAT team based at our manufacturing site in Slough, UK. The successful candidate will introduce a high level of management in scheduling, control and reporting throughout the lifecycle of Pilot batches by the generation, revision and issuance of technical reports ensuring on time in full revenue realization. Scheduling, planning and oversight of materials used in collaboration with internal cross-functional team members. Translation of consolidated demand forecasting into a viable Local Pilot Schedule and to facilitate the realistic operation of that schedule by accurate materials calculation and management.
- Independently manage and control the creation, review, approval and issuance of technical reports according to standard timelines, coordinate review and approvals to ensure timely delivery against revenue forecasts
- Actively monitor progress of document creation, routinely communicate and liaise with both internal and external customer teams to resolve potential issues in a timely manner and ensure changes are incorporated appropriately and all requirements met
- To actively and efficiently manage the forecasting and reservation of materials for Non GMP Pilot batches. To liaise with Supply Chain and Scientific team leads to highlight and resolve any potential materials issues. To accurately report batch material usage and to highlight procedural and systematic improvements based upon own expert knowledge. Editorial ownership of document groups such as Process Batch Records
- Act as the focal point for Raw materials supply and delivery and develop KPIs to report performance against plan. Liaise with Scientific team leaders to plan and define materials schedules taking operational considerations into account. Assist in resolving scheduling conflicts, proactively provide feedback regarding risks or opportunities that may impact on delivery dates
- Has proven demonstrated experience within technical report writing through on the job experience and is knowledgeable in analytical techniques areas with a thorough understanding of all pilot unit operations
- Proven and demonstrated high level understanding of Materials management practices and systems and the ability to proactively manage forecast and demand against pilot schedules. Able to interpret and communicate complexity of logistics to a wide range of audiences
- Proven high level interpersonal skills with an ability to work and plan own workload and for others with multiple priorities within a functional team. Can understand and interpret complex process data, can project manage and author and review technical documentation
- Excellent attention to detail, proven problem solver, is self-motivated and positive, acts as a role model and coaches and mentors junior team members within area of expertise
- Extensive knowledge of SAP
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.