Assistant Project Manager
United Kingdom, Livingston
Assistant Project Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join our team based at our site in Edinburgh. As Assistant Project Manager you will have responsibility for the planning management and coordination and control of projects, working closely with a range of individuals both internally and externally, to achieve a successful project outcome.
- Work together with PM team to generate proposals and change orders for existing customers and prepare associated costs for approval by sales / commercial development ensuring that appropriate technical input is obtained where required.
- Ensure that any out of scope activities are identified and captured with the client in an appropriate format in collaboration with the project PM.
- Monitor and report the progress of PM KPIs including OTIF (deliverables) within the PM team and report to the SMT team on a monthly basis including provision of timely updates where key changes or issues arise.
- Facilitate customer visits throughout the project, providing agendas and issuing of meeting and call minutes if required. Capture all decisions, action items and follow up items during project life cycle.
- Provide financial information for projects to facilitate sales tracking and support invoicing. Record all evidence related to invoicing milestones.
- Manage the site deliverables including leading weekly meetings, update of the relevant deliverables tracker and inform SMT as appropriate of relevant impact on site KPIs.
- Provide SAP support to the PM team including project set-up, billing plans, invoicing, creation of customer master data and shipping.
- Provide Planview support to the PM team including support on reporting of project status as required.
- Support PM team on material procurement including material master data if required.
- Analytical skills to identify problems and find very quickly solutions, workarounds
- GMP experience
- Customer oriented with proven experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience using SAP (O2C specifically if possible)
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.