HR Project Manager & Business Support
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this challenging and highly dynamic HR role, you will be responsible for supporting the defining and executing of HR strategy within Small Molecules Business Unit. Your role will focus particularly on driving HR projects in the area or resource planning, capability building, talent development and analytics. You will liaise with the HR lead for the division and the respective HR team as well as with your counterparts in other Divisions and in the Centers of Excellence to share cross company initiatives such as talent pipelining and development, resourcing efforts, trend analysis, and other projects as needed.
- Together with the line and BU HRBP`s you will support and co-ordinate large scale reorganizations effectively and/or define new organization plans in order to build organizational capability
- Drive the building of talent pipelines within respective business areas
- Support the development of a Divisional hiring strategy (annual resourcing requirements, recruiting approaches, etc) and identification of common needs across the wider Company for specific skills and /or Geographies and collaborate with other Divisions where appropriate to find solutions
- Work closly with the BU HRBP`s to establish a Divisional staffing plan with RPO for execution including grade, package and potential sourcing strategy
- Co-ordinate the development of BU plans for talent and performance management, employee engagement, succession planning
- Support team building and development activity both through personal facilitation of activities as well as working in conjunction with external/external specialists
- Monitor and continually seek to improve HR effectiveness by tracking of qualitative and quantitative, business intelligence in terms of business analytics and other key data such as employee engagement, retention, aged requisitions, and succession
- Understand the BU’s current reporting position in relation to critical actions that impact profitable growth of the BU (attrition, absenteeism, safety measurements) and define the reporting needs to identify trends and mitigating action plans
- Reporting of key measures, and develop action plans to address areas of concern
- Develop key customer analysis for BU own functions on request (sales competency framework, compensation analytics of specific functions) and leverage market trends and data to better understand operational issues and development
- Administration and alignment of the annual performance review cycle at Divisional level
- Lead other projects as decided
- Master's Degree in a relevant field of study
- Extensive and broad HR experience across multiple areas (including Talent Development and Business Analytics) of specialization and cultures with increasing levels of responsibility
- Previous experience with BI tools - strong expertise in Excel (macros, pivot tables etc.) for reporting purposes. Able to read and interpret data
- Previous experience and good understanding of compensation and benefits
- Experience delivering impactful solutions to complex business problems in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to drive actions to resolution in a complex matrix organization
- Pragmatic thinker with ability to exercise good judgment to make decisions without full understanding of all relevant facts in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and diplomatic behavior
- Previous experience in an HR function in changing environments (mergers, acquisitions, divesting) is a clear advantage
- Ability to foster relationships at all levels and become a trusted advisor to senior leadership
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.