Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a graphic designer, you will be a part of design team that is responsible of producing and overseeing design collateral, marketing materials and visuals for Lonza. You will participate in the creative process for the brand refresh, helping to shape brand principles, supports the development and implementation of brand and design guidelines. You will also develop standard designs in line with the brand guidelines, and manage projects with key stakeholders autonomously.
- Autonomously executes design projects from the conception, to the development and to the realization of marketing and corporate communications materials and digital elements including but not limited to: brochures, booklets, tradeshow stands, animated display ads, newsletters, rollup banners, flyers, Power Point presentations, etc.
- Designs original pieces, including illustrations and infographics, for marketing collateral, digital needs and powerpoint presentations, word documents
- Art directs and manages individual design projects or photoshoots
- Contributes to overall Lonza branding strategy and assist in the development and implementation of the long term design plan
- Manages and trains freelancers and reviews freelancers’ work to ensure high quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- In-depth knowledge and multiyear experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Exceptional layouts, typography composition and production skills
- Experience with creating illustrations and iconography
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Good understanding of digital and video disciplines
- Ability working to briefs and delivering projects on time and within tight deadlines
- Team player: able to manage and work with various teams and partner agencies
- Flexibility and ability manage own workflow independently
- Resilience, tenancy and high energy. Ability to rapidly bounce back from adversity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
*Dear applicant – it would be great to see a sample of your work with your application. Please feel free to attach your portfolio or include links to your work on your CV.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.