Head of Digital Platforms
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this highly visible role you will be the single point of contact for data and digital initiatives within Lonza IT and act as the business partner to coordinate projects and internal and external resources to deliver projects jointly with the business functions and business divisions for scale-up. You will set direction for digital related questions and defines the digital technology roadmap and portfolio in alignment with the overall Lonza Digital strategy working directly with the Chief Digital Officer (CDO). You will be responsible for allocation of digital resources and work with the CDO in embedding digital into company operations and culture. Additionally you will be a member of the Digital Council to shape Lonza’s Digital Portfolio and decide upon investments in digital capabilities and platforms.
- Responsible for Lonza’s Digital platforms (along the focus areas Data, Cloud, Integration and Automation)
- Manage the Lonza Data Architecture as defined by the Data Governance Board and run Lonza’s Data Catalogue, Master Data Management, iPaaS, SAP BW etc.
- Manage all digital technology (data, automation, cloud, integration) staff within IT and builds-up the respective organization. Responsible for all staff related activities such as performance, qualification, salary review, staff development replacement and recruitment
- Responsible to coordinate internal and external resources to scale and deliver digital projects jointly with the business divisions and functions
- Act as the “executive intermediary” during delivery, i.e. enlisting involvement from other executives, re-establishing priorities, acting as a coach, or serving as tiebreaker during the rollout of digital capabilities
- Establish Policies and Standards with regards to digital and data platforms, tools and methods, in cooperation and in in line with the Data Governance Board
- Contribute and work with the CIO, the CDO and the Digital Transformation Heads of the relevant business areas (Group Ops, Commercial etc.) to contribute to the development of a digital strategy, integrating digital vision/mission into the business
- Contribute to the assessment of digital technologies that are needed to reach Lonza’s digital ambition. Monitor emerging digital technologies and together with the Digital Council keep record of a technology map
- Together with the CDO and other stakeholder act as a thought leader on emerging digital business models and technologies, articulating the digital future and Lonza's role in it internally and externally
- Build and maintain external relationships in academia, as well as with industry bodies, vendors and technology analysts to learn and influence
- Develop ways to attract and retain digital top talents
- Significant experience in Digital and IT management, business applications projects and team management
- Broad knowledge about digital technologies such as mobile technologies, Internet of Things, data science, cybersecurity, etc.
- Innovation Management methods incl. development of Business Models & Business Cases
- Digital Transformation and Change Management experience preferably but not necessarily in Pharma
- Good understanding of regulated environments and related challenges for digital transformation projects
- General IT Management, IT Architecture, Application Management, Project Portfolio Management
- Good understanding of common IT Systems like SAP and Salesforce
- Proven experience with IT Security topics in the context of digitalization
- Good understanding of privacy regulations and laws
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.